Kids are fascinated by reptiles, especially the Komodo dragons. Now you can bring home this majestic reptile from the animal kingdom, thanks to these plush stuffed animals.
Reaching up to 3 meters in length and weighing up to 200 pounds, the Komodo Dragon is the largest living species of lizard in the world. These massive lizards found exclusively on some select Indonesian islands. These carnivores have venomous saliva making them deadly hunters.
In case you are unable to go to Indonesia to see these massive lizards, you can definitely bring a part of Indonesia to your home. These toys are the perfect gift for the little animal lover in your house, or even as Christmas gifts.
These Komodo Dragon toys use high-quality materials, are designed with realistic features, are easy to clean, made from safe material, and make an excellent gift for kids of all ages.
In case you have a lizard/reptile obsessed child, you need to get one of these to add to their reptile collection/mini-reptilarium (lizard, snake, iguana, armadillo).
Just pair one of these with an educational book and you’ve got a real winning gift.
Best Komodo Dragon Toys
Schleich Komodo Dragon Toy
The Schleich Komodo Dragon Figure is modelled in great detail and encourage children to play more with them, and also learn more about the largest lizard in the world.
Being Schleich, it is a bit expensive but this one looks realistic and the quality of the product is very good. At about 8 inches long, it is a nice size for a little child to hold and play with, and adults can use it to display on the shelf.
This figurine is great for gifting, the child can use it as a stand alone toy or as part of a larger, modular play world.
Papo Wild Animal Kingdom Figure, Komodo Dragon
Papo makes some very realistic animals toys and figures. This Komodo Dragaon figure is beautifully finished and measures approximately 6.5 inches (a bit small in size). Each figurine is hand painted and the Komodo dragon looks like it has big muscles. Suitable for ages: 3+ Years.
Wild Republic Komodo Dragon Plush Stuffed Animal Toy
The Cuddlekins Plush Stuffed Komodo Dragon (by Wild Republic) is a soft and cuddly stuffed toy with lifelike features, and the manufacturer has given a lot of attention to details. This huggable plush animal measures around 2 feet long (closer to 24 inches although the description says its around 12 inches) and is made from safe and durable material.
A very realistic looking Komodo dragon, this one has life like eyes, floppy legs and has so much personality.
Kusumo the Komodo Dragon
Komodo Dragon Figure (by Safari)
Safe to use by kids, this replica of the Komodo Dragon is finely hand painted and is highly detailed. Dimensions: 10.04 x 4.72 x 3.35 inches.
A useful toy that doesn’t require batteries to play with, but requires only imagination. Safari also produces the Incredible Creatures Collection which includes a collection of figures of various animals.
MOJO Komodo Dragon Toy Figurine
This is a highly detailed and hand-painted toy figurine, made by MOJO artisans. Dimension: 8.07 x 2.17 x 1.57 inches
Its great for imaginative play and for school projects, made from the finest and safest materials for kids to play with. MOJO also has the MOJO International Wildlife Collection, a large assortment of animal figurines.
The Petting Zoo Komodo Dragon Stuffed Animal
Awesome Komodo dragon stuffed animal made with recycled materials, high quality fabrics and durable stitching. Dimensions: 9.84 x 7.87 x 5.91 inches. This is part of the Petting Zoo’s Wild Onez collection of realistic stuffed animals.
Fiesta Toys Komodo Dragon Plush Stuffed Animal
This Komodo Dragon toy is a huggable plush stuffed animal toy measuring 21″ long (sizes are approximate), designed to provide comfort, and joy to your little one. While its a good toy, some parents expected this Fiesta plush toy to be more plush. Manufacturers suggested age 3+. Great item for a gift. Perfect for Collectors.
Lego version of Komodo dragon
This monster LEGO version of the Komodo Dragon has been built by Dennis Qiu. Dennis has used about 5500 bricks to create this realistic looking creature. He has used a lot of curved slopes and wedges to make this LEGO version of the Komodo dragon.
Best Books on Komodo Dragons
- Amazing Animals: Komodo Dragons: Great informative book for a young child. Great pictures, simple text.
- National Geographic Kids Readers: Real Dragons: Great for kids to learn more about their favorite reptiles
- Everything You Should Know About: Komodo Dragons Faster Learning Facts
- Komodo Dragon vs. King Cobra: Who Would Win?
Facts About Komodo Dragons
- Scientific name : Varanus komodoensis
- Komodo dragons are the largest lizards found on Earth.
- These can grow up to ten feet (three meters) long and can weigh up to 70-80 kg on average
- Komodo dragons are mostly found on Indonesian islands, most of which is designated as Komodo National Park.
- These are gray, black, or dark green in color, which allows them to easily blend in their environment and allows them to discreetly launch an attack on their prey.
- Baby Komodo dragons have colorful skins with bright orange spots and white and yellow stripes that helps in camouflaging and protects them from being eaten by the other larger Komodo dragons.
- The Komodo dragons have excellent sense of smell; their forked tongues can detect a rotting prey from 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away.
- Their tails are as long as their bodies and are strong enough to take down a deer.
- Scientists have finally confirmed that Komodo dragons kill their prey through their venomous bite and not because they have toxic bacteria in their saliva (for years it was believed that this was the cause).
Because Komodo dragons are now found only in a few Indonesian islands, they are therefore considered a vulnerable species.
The Komodo dragon, the world’s largest lizard, is now listed as #Endangered according to the latest @IUCNRedList, released at #IUCNcongress. Rising sea levels caused by #ClimateChange are a major threat https://t.co/K6AVvzhMHY pic.twitter.com/ImeJaiJFV2— IUCN (@IUCN) September 4, 2021
Poachers sell these lizards overseas as part of the exotic pet trade. Komodo Dragons can fetch anything between $3,500 and $35,000 depending on their size and whether they were alive or dead.
The Komodo dragons are not as huge as they used to be because the population of deer, which are their main food, continues to decline following rampant deer theft in the region.
Funtoyworld is a family-managed website with me (Ben), and my wife doing most of the work. We are proud parents of two wonderful kids and love reviewing toys. We have a firm but friendly “democratic parenting” style and offer several practical suggestions backed by extensive research. Our own experience with raising two children prompted us to share our knowledge. Read more.