Best Gardening tools and toys for kids.
Gardening for Kids: Kids are inquisitive by nature and are capable of learning a lot of things. So why not gardening? There are several benefits as we will see below. Besides, its becoming even more important for everybody to try to do their bit for the environment.
Gardening for Kids: Benefits
- There are plenty of easy projects related to gardening that children can get involved in, and in the process, also learn about nature, recycling, nutrition, and organic gardening.
- Children can observe the miracle of life by observing the development of a seed to the fully-grown plant. This will serve as a great science lesson.
- Gardening also teaches kids the importance of treating all living things with care.
- Teaches kids from where we get food, and also teaches them to be more patient.
- Simple gardening jobs like weeding can be used to educate the children on the philosophy of life to weed out bad influences.
“If you wish to have a better world, educate the Kids properly for gardening.” – Anonymous
Gardening for Kids: Getting Started
The ideal places where a kid can know about gardening are the public gardens, child nursery schools, and the home. There should be sufficient space to grow trees, plants , grasses, flowers, bushes and shrubs.
The first step of-course is to take them to a garden – Tell them how to plant a tree, how to sow a seed, what are flowers, explain them their various types and playing the games which encourage such activities.
Here are some safety measures that you should implement when doing gardening with kids:
- Thorny and bushy (rose and cactus) plants must be enclosed within the fences.
- Do not let kids to roam in the garden at least for 2 to 3 hours after you have sprayed insecticides/pesticides.
- Kids must not be allowed to handle the fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides and other chemicals.
- If you are trying some gardening indoor, then place the planting containers, vases such that the kids may not get hurt.
Its also important to teach kids about plant care, such as not to damage plants or pluck flowers.
Children are the future and they need to be educated to take care of our precious environment. Involving them in gardening activities is definitely a great start.
Leaf Blower Toy for Kids
It’s a good habit to regularly clean your yard/garden to make it look good and also to ensure new growth. Here’s a toy that will introduce good habits in your little one from a very young age.
This is a realistically designed motorized toy leaf blower, with lights and sounds, that really blows air. Your little one can use it to clean up the yard or for role play fun.
The toy blower does not require any assembling and it works on AA batteries. It’s safe to use, and a perfect toy for both boys and girls.
These toys are great for teaching your kids the importance of doing chores, and also makes them get up and moving.
You also get toy leaf blowers that generate a continuous stream of bubbles, for added fun.
Toy leaf blowers are also great for imaginative play.
You can use it to capture slow-motion videos of leaves (or even hair) getting blown by the blower. You can also use it as a prop while taking pictures. You can use it to launch ping-pong balls (although the toy leaf blowers do not have lot of power).
Funtoyworld is a family-managed website with me (Ben), and my wife doing most of the work. We are proud parents of two wonderful kids and love reviewing toys. We have a firm but friendly “democratic parenting” style and offer several practical suggestions backed by extensive research. Our own experience with raising two children prompted us to share our knowledge. Read more.
Leave a Reply