More people are digging into their closet to check out their old toys due to the pandemic, Also, a lot of Generation Xers are now seeking the toys of their youth because of which the value of vintage toys have soared during the pandemic.
Some vintage toys are now worth hundreds of dollars. Some of them include:
- 1970’s Barbies
- 1980’s Cabbage Patch dolls
- Early American Girl dolls
- Crissy and Dawn dolls
- African-American Christie dolls
Now that you know that vintage toys are in demand, you can sell vintage toys and make some money in the process. Here’s how to go about it.
- Find out the value of your Toy. The best place to begin your research is to check the toy value on websites that buy vintage toys.
- Clean your Toys using a paintbrush, toothbrush paper towels, Q-tips, and a small amount of water. You may need to use suitable solution for removing the remains left by missing stickers without destroying the surface.
- Take high quality pictures using high-quality mirrorless or DSLR cameras. Ensure your toy looks best when you’re taking pictures.
- List your toy online, provide detailed description, mention about the condition of the toy – mint condition toys will usually fetch more than those that show wear and tear.
Want to make some extra cash for the holidays? Consider reselling in-demand Christmas toys; these tips can help you get started.
Purchase toys early, perhaps at sale prices, and sell them closer to Christmas. If you choose items that will be in demand during the holiday season, you can make a tidy profit. Appropriately pricing toys for resale is key to balancing costs against profits and generating a tidy profit.
You can read the complete process here.