Chocolate making kits for kids let you (and your kids) make various kinds of chocolates, chocolate candies, chocolate cookies while having lots of fun. For kids, its like doing an experiment and learning more about cooking as well as chocolates.
Chocolate Making Kits for kids usually include the following:
- Chocolate powder, Edible sprinkles
- Various kinds of molds (these give different shapes to the chocolates). You get Silicone chocolate molds, Lollipop molds, Cupcake molds
- Spoons, Silicone spatula
- Foils, Gift wraps, decorative sheets, stickers
- Instruction manual that shows how to make various kinds of chocolates using the kit.
While the Chocolate making kits include most of the things that you would need to make chocolates at home, you may still require additional ingredients such as butter, sugar, milk, chocolate powder.
Recommended: Moose Toys Chocolate Bar Maker
Most cooking related activities with kids, where one requires fire/heat, should be strictly done under adult supervision.
Silicone chocolate making molds
You can also buy silicone chocolate making molds separately. These non-sticky molds are easy to use, the chocolate is easy to remove, and these are available in different shapes.
You can use these to make hot chocolate bombs, and also to make cake, jelly, dome mousse.
Recommended: Silicone Molds, 6 Holes Semi Sphere Chocolate Molds
DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs: How to make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Step 1: Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. Use 15-second bursts, stirring in between until everything is smooth and pourable.
- Step 2: Scoop some chocolate into the mold and use the back of a spoon or pastry brush to push the melted chocolate around the molds.
- Step 3: Place the molds into the freezer for 5 minutes. Then take them out and spoon extra chocolate on the top edges to make it thicker. Then pop the chocolate out of the mold and set aside on a cold plate.
- Step 4: Microwave an empty plate until warm, but not hot. Take one chocolate dome and place it on the plate for a couple of seconds to melt the edges. Add 1 tablespoon hot cocoa powder and mini marshmallows.
- Step 5: Take another dome and melt its edge on the warm plate. Join the two domes together into a sphere and hold until sealed. Let set in the fridge while you make the rest of your spheres.
- Step 6: To serve, put into a mug, pour on warm milk. Stir everything up and enjoy.
Chocolate Making for Older Kids
Older kids can learn to make chocolates like Truffles, Ganache, Praline & Bon Bon. They can learn chocolate handling techniques like Pre-crystallization, storing temperatures etc.
Learn to use fillings/substitutes for the Chocolates from easily available ingredients.
Types of chocolates:
Truffle Marzipan Rum And Raisin Bounties Salted Caramel Very Strawberry Tangy Delights Hazelnut Crispies Butterscotch Minty Coolers Orange Lollipops Columbian Coffee Marie Magic Kit Kat Almond Rocks Praline Rocks Cashew nut Torrone Marble Chocolates Ferrero Rochers Guyliano Chocolate Roses