Swedish toy maker Brio toys are known for their wooden toys, clean design and durable construction. The company is now owned by Ravensburger, Europe’s leading manufacturers of puzzles and games.
Founded by Ivar Bengtsson in 1884, Brio started off by selling baskets in Sweden towards the end of the 19th century. Once the control of the company was taken over by his three sons (in 1908) they set major expansion plans for the company and the company also started selling high quality wooden toys.
Soon, their reputation for high quality wooden toys increased tremendously and today Brio has over forty percent of the global wooden toy industry.
Brio wooden toys encourage creativity, patience, they are also usually gender neutral, and allows for countless pretend play possibilities. The company’s mission is to create happy childhood memories, from generation to generation.
Brio Wooden Toys
Brio has a big collection of wooden toys in their catalog. Their wooden toys are made from hardwearing beech wood and are colorfully painted to appeal to kids.
Wood is the main material in most BRIO toys, but these toys also make use of plastic, which is a bit easier to be shaped in various forms. BRIO makes use of thermoplastics, which is also used in computers, medical equipment, and LEGO bricks.
Brio wooden toys are made of 100% FSC-certified wood from sustainably managed forests.
BRIO Toy Range
Brio’s range of toys include travel toys, rescue toys, farm toys, and more.
Brio makes trains, engines, wagons and vehicles (motorcycle, cement truck, ferry) in historic as well as modern designs.
Brio travel toy sets include all kinds of toy vehicles that will take you around the world – wooden toy airplanes, battery-powered trains, train sets and tracks and stations. Become a driver or a passenger, and travel wherever you wish to.
BRIO World is an open-ended play system that lets children recreate the real world, and includes things like trains, cars, boats, animals and even a roller coaster.
BRIO Explore include toys for safari, mountaineering, exploring the country side, and so on. These toys allow kids to go on on adventure and fuels imagination and curiosity.
BRIO rescue toys include fire station, police station, sturdy rescue vehicles with light and sound effects, that let your little one don the hat of the police or firefighters. These provide plenty if opportunities for role-play.
BRIO countryside toys include farm toys and playsets that include rolling hills, friendly farms, deep forests. Your kid can drive a big tractor and help out at the farm, be a lumberjack, feed the animals, or just explore the countryside.
BRIO Builder toys include building and construction toys for creative play. Brio also has lift and load toys such as rotating toy cranes and magnetic load blocks.
- BRIO Pull Along Dachshund for toddlers. Ages: 12 months +
- BRIO Dachshund Ride-on. Ages: 12 months to 3 years
- Brio Builder Starter Set. 49-piece set includes parts like nuts, bolts, blocks, a spanner, pliers, hammers and more. Ages: 3 years +
- BRIO Play Table where kids can build their own Brio world. For Age 3 and up.
BRIO Toy Trains
While Brio makes a range of toys, they are particularly known for their train collections and their toy railway sets include everything that a young railway engineer could possibly need.
Brio makes a wide range of toy trains, including wooden toy trains as well as battery operated trains. They also make a wide range of accessories and expansion packs for their train sets, that will provide your existing BRIO railway toy with the much needed extension or makeover and motivate you to start playing with it again.
- BRIO My First Railway: A classic wooden toy train set for the youngest train driver, for kids aged 18 months+.
- BRIO World Classic Figure 8 Set – 22 Piece Wood Toy Train Set with Accessories (engine, wagons, wooden tracks, crossing bridge, train station and trees). Kids Age 2 and Up
- BRIO World Freight Goods Station | Toy Train Accessories: Includes a tipper truck, cargo wagon, cargo loads and railway ramp track. For Kids Age 3 and Up.
- BRIO World Battery-Operated Steaming Train: Toy Train with light and steam effects. For ages 3+.
- BRIO Cargo Railway Deluxe Set: Train Toy with wooden tracks and accessories. For ages 3+
- BRIO World Expansion Pack: Wooden Train Tracks for kids age 3+.